Dienstag, 21. August 2012

Westcoast Australia : Perth, Augusta, Albany

In Noosa I made a really spontaneous decision to fly from Brisbane to Perth (Westcoast).
I spent a few days in Perth and then I travelled to the southwest to Margeret River and Augusta (Whale Watching). Afterwards I spent ten days on a organic vineyard called "Oranje Tractor" in Albany and did Wwoofing there. Wwoofing stands for Willing workers on organic farms and in my opinion it is one of the best ways to get to know the country and its people. I've had a really good time there. They have heaps of fruit trees and vegetables in their garden, free range chickens and they produce their own wine which we had for dinner almost every night.
The weather was pretty cold and lots of rain but there were some nice days in between and as soon as the sun came out I got really nice and warm.

Here are some pictures:

Perth Skyline





Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse in Augusta:
 





Whale Watching in August

Coastline in Albany (southwest of Perth)

biking tour...



Oranje Tractor Vineyard


a really nice house all made out of recycled materials

fruit and veggie garden

Merlot - the wine dog :-)

Windfarm in Albany





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen